-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Monday, January 03, 2005

at last! the house design brief is done

Yay yay yay!!!! I have *at last* finished our brief for the architect on what we want in a house. I started working on it when we got back from Australia in November, doing an hour or so a night, and then pulled it all together over the Christmas break. I reckon I spent about 4 solid days on it this period alone. It was a marathon effort not just to get done, but also because before I could get it done we had to get our own thoughts in order. Or, I should say, I had to do it and then convince Dave to read it and tell me anything he disagreed with or wanted to add. He made a couple of comments and I know he's looked through it as I sat with him and checked he looked at each page, so I can't do anything more than that. I hope that he really does like it and agree because otherwise we'll be misdirecting... but I think he does.

As part of the process I read lots of books, scanned lots of photos (Dave did the scanning but I picked what to scan), wrote half a notebook full of scribbled ideas, and went through all the videos I'd archived of interesting ideas from the past 3 years of TV design programmes. It's now all come together in 107 pages of text and photos which you can view below:

Brief for House Design

I'm sure it'll evolve as we get new ideas and things but this is the foundation anyway. Yay yay yay!!!

No comments: