-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

the most detailed brief ever

According to Eric our architect, we take the prize for the most detailed collection of thoughts about what we want in our house that he's ever seen. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad sign! But it's already been useful as in the process of writing it I discovered my taste wasn't exactly as I'd thought it was. For instance, at the beginning I'd thought it was probably 95% "heritage" with a few smatterings of modern-ness; but going through this process and especially picking out photos, I realised that a) the "heritage" bit is a lot more eclectic than I'd thought and b) there is a lot more about "modern" that I like.

If you didn't see it yet, it's here. If you think of anything else that might be a good idea to have, let me know via email or add a note(there's a little link at the bottom of every blog entry that lets you comment on it)

No comments: