-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Monday, April 17, 2006

latest design iteration for new house

We got an email from Eric forewarning us of their arrival, and they were waiting for us when we got back. Tonight I'm going to try and look through them properly, but thought I'd begin by getting them scanned in and posted here.

First, here's Eric's comments on what he did in this iteration:

"I ended up having a blissful solid week with almost no
distractions, so I made a lot of progress with the designs.
I've done all the main drawings like floor plans, ceiling
plans, cross sections and elevations on AutoCAD, so they are
all very accurate. I worked up all of the drawing together
so that details like ceiling height and window placements
all correspond very well. I have also shown things like the
sideboard, the grandfather clock, and the big lantern, so
there should be enough detail to have useful discussions.

I have made small adjustments to quite a few little things to make
them work better (in my opinion...)

Some aspects like what happens around the fireplaces (and TV?) will
need some more thought. I played around with kitchen, and had an idea
about the main table going against the north windows. I'll look
forward to your thoughts.


And now, here's the plans, starting with the elevation views, to which there's been little change:

west elevation

north elevation

east elevation

south elevation


Now here's the ground floor room layout, along with a plan showing Eric's proposed ceiling heights in each area:

downstairs

downstairs ceiling


Here's the same for the second floor:

upstairs

upstairs ceiling


And finally, here are two cross-sections of the building which give a better feeling for how the rooms might feel:

building section1

building section2

No comments: