-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Sunday, November 11, 2007

hello to Eric and Ken

A quick shout-out to Eric and his Dad Ken, who beat us to it by moving to Amherst 3 months ago. Needless to say, I'm very envious. :-)

Ken found me through the blog and couldn't find my email (now remedied - see sidebar) so left a note with our neighbors saying to call which Dad collected... Thanks again guys for getting in touch.

They've got some Agave Americanas in search of a home as well as a ton of lavenders - apparently Eric's place used to be a lavender farm and there are wild seedlings galore which are going to be bulldozed otherwise. Eric is also in need of some tongue-and-groove wood, so when Dad next goes up hopefully we can re-home a little of the wood pile ... Of course, we'll need to keep enough to do all the verandah roofs and sunroom, wainscoating, etc, but there seems to be SO much amidst the two truckloads that I'd guess there'll be enough leftover - I'll let Dad be the judge.

If anyone else who stumbles across this blog lives around there, please drop me a line - it'd be nice to say hello. :-)

No comments: