-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Friday, June 29, 2007

idea for fire fender


idea for fire fender
Originally uploaded by lynetter
I found this on Ebay and I would have bid except it's in Sydney and so delivery to Melbourne is going to cost a fortune. A pity. But, wanted to keep a copy of it here as it's a great idea and I reckon I could easily make something similar.

I've been looking into getting fenders with seats to go with the fireplaces... they're really expensive. This could be our solution. I also like how the seats are boxes, I can see that'll be really handy for storing all the kindling/other stuff that accumulates when you have a wood fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I stumbled across your blog when looking around other Oz sites on Houseblogs. I'm glad to have discovered you and will look forward to reading your posts when I haven't a two year old swinging from my arm. Like you, I've grabbed many a bargain from ebay and I've a great love for chookens!
I've recently started a blog, www.crankycockatoo.blogspot.com I'll add you to my growing list of sites I like to visit!
Bron