-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

interesting window shutters

Last weekend I visited Nice, in the south of France. I was there for a "hen party" - ie: a girls weekend away to celebrate a friend's wedding. It was a lot more civilised than the male equivalent(!) in that we didn't spend the entire time in bars & got to see some of the city.

As per usual, I kept a look-out for ideas for Amherst. I'm a big fan of window shutters in all guises, but Nice was the first place I've ever seen "shutters within shutters":

049interesting shutters in Nice

I think it might be fun to have the 'Nice' shutter style in some windows, interspersed with the more traditional Australian approach, aka:

awnings with blinds

No comments: