-----In 2004 we bought a falling-down house and 30 acres. This blog documents our progress-----

Sunday, April 17, 2005

interesting brick patterns

Every time I drive down this street I say I'm going to take a picture... at last yesterday I did. It's a street up near the garden centre in Kingsbury (northwest London) which is full of these rambling houses built I'm guessing around 1910-1920's in late Arts&Crafts style. I'm not a huge fan of the mock tudor beams, but I adore the way they've incorporated bricks. Rather than just plain brick walls, they've made patterns out of them by putting in different kinds of bricks, some on their side, etc. I've never seen any other houses like it, only in this particular road. It would be a little fiddly to do but very effective, I'm going to remember this as an idea for a feature wall perhaps at Amherst.


house near gardenshop with nice bricks
Originally uploaded by lynetter.

No comments: